Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Terminology

It's been a few days since my last post. We've been busy visiting family, getting back into work (spring break is over folks!), and resting up! It's been 4 days since I've stopped my birth control (BC), tomorrow I go to my doctor. We shall see what she says for our plans!

Since I've been on Pink Pad and have been looking into pregnancy, I've learned quite a few new terms/abbreviations or new "pregnancy" words. Want to learn some? Okay :)

BD - Baby dancing (a polite way of the time you try making a baby)
TTC - Trying to conceive
Preseed - Is a lubricant that is used to help push the swimmers along in its journey.
CD # - Cycle Day... and did you know your Cycle day starts the first day of your period. I didn't.
AF - Aunt Flo - never called it that, but still humorous. 
DPO # - Days past ovulation... Good to know for time lines in testing
HPT - Home pregnancy test
2WW - Two week wait, the wait between when you BD/Ovulation and the time you take your HPT.
BBT - Basal Body temperature. This is a different temperature than your "normal" thermometer temperature. If there is any sudden change, that means you're ovulating. I haven't gone to the extreme of taking my BBT. However, if it's September and I'm not prego... then I'll do it.
BFP/BFN - Everyone on Pink Pad uses this. It stands for big fat positive/negative. When you take your HPT and you get a yay or a nay... that's what this is.


 Those are all the major ones. Fun, huh? So, as I read forums/threads on Pink Pad, they are filled with even more abbreviations and fun words. My mind is consumed with these words. 


I'm excited to start trying, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. It scares me that some people have been TTC for months and others days...How does this work? Why can't I wrap my mind around it? Then, people are talking about PCOS (polycystic Ovarian syndrome)...which is basically irregular/no periods. My cycle life has been very crazy.. From around 14-20 my cycles were normal. Very regular... Then from 21-before marriage, my cycles were crazy. Then went on BC and they were regular. So I'm anticipating what my cycle will be like.

The good thing, it'll be summer time and I won't have to stress! 


Off to help my mother in law with homework! :) Thanks for letting me chat!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Quigley's Quest | Blogger Template by Enny Law