Thursday, August 4, 2011

HPT, Doctors, and Pills. Oh my!

Well, as of today I am 31 days late. Crazy huh, you'd think you're definitely pregnant Kim! However, after the 7th home pregnancy test that was negative, I called the doctor.

I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday to get blood work done. I was excited to find out 100% yay or nay. So I arrive, the doctor checks outs my cervix, she said it's good. She said I don't have any cysts on my ovaries. Then I get to the blood work. Not bad actually. I didn't cry, it only pinched. I watched the needle in my arm.

After the blood work the doctor gave me provera. Provera is a pill that jump starts your period. Basically it is the hormone produced right before you start your period. When it gets heightened to a certain level then your period starts. I have to take 10 pills and after the 10th pill my period should start. I'm on pill 7. On Sunday I will take my last pill. Hopefully this week I'll start my period.

Then, I bought an ovulation kit!! Now I will be able to know when I've ovulated and go from there. Since that is my problem, I don't exactly know when I ovulated or IF I even ovulated last month.

The Doctor did tell me that if I don't ovulate this month/don't have a period, then she will put me on clomid. Gah! :( Let's hope it doesn't get to that!

Want to know a secret? One of Brian and I's baby names is Emily. And lo and behold, Florida may get hit with tropical storm Emily. So I keep making jokes to Brian about how tropical storm Emily will hit me in my belly. Hah. What a coincidence, eh.

Let's hope God has a baby in store for this month! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Quigley's Quest | Blogger Template by Enny Law