Saturday, April 2, 2011

Preparations

Good morning (late evening?)

   Well, Brian and I are up late, listening to 90s/early 2000's ballads, R&B songs, and raps. We're crazy, haha. Bring back the Boy 2 Men, All 4 One, Will Smith, TLC, you know!

  Any way, Brian and I are super excited for our future ahead of us. As of last week, I have no more birth control pills. Woo hoo! I am excited that chemicals will be out of my body and I can see how my body adjusts. We were told to wait a few months before conceiving, so that everything can get back to natural. Also, my friend said that it's safer for your baby if you are off bc for awhile. Now, I know this could be a myth because people can get pregnant on the pill. But we are taking precautions. Prior to getting on BC, my cycles were very scattered and abnormal. So hopefully after 4 years of growing up it will be regular! 

  This week I will be visiting the doctor. I can set out a plan, start taking some pre-natal  vitamins and go from there. Sometimes I have to remind myself that we want to try for a June/July/August baby because that will work out for "our" time line. I want to just jump ahead, but I can't get ahead of myself.

  Of course, in all of this I say "our" plan and "our" time line, but this is all in God's hands! Proverbs 16:9, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Brian and I have had a rejuvenating relationship with God! We went on a staff retreat with Brian's work (Discovery church). The retreat was all about solitude and silence. It was so refreshing to sit with God by a waterfall and listen to what He wanted to tell me. We often have our own solitude time in our house. From the retreat, we've started a night time fixed hour pray. This has helped me get to sleep, since I suffer from achluophobia (fear of the darkness/night time).
  
  But I digress. Brian and I have been improving ourselves to help prepare for our future. Whether it be with driving more carefully (and being a patient driver - ahem BQ), working out daily and eating healthier or even getting out of debt. We've just purchased our last big thing for ourselves, a new bedroom set, new mattress, and decor. We love it! Another bit of advice we were given was to buy the things you need before having a baby, unless you'll never get around to buying it. :) 

  Our last preparation has been picking out the right doctor. I've been asking many previously pregnant women (sister in laws, coworkers, etc) about their doctors, their opinions, etc. One thing I learned: everyone is always willing to give you advice on their way of having a baby! :) Not that I don't appreciate it. Whenever I went for my check ups, I just went to a family doctor. However, now I have to switch to a specific gyno. Thankfully, I had to go to one for a few things back in November. My doctor is part of the same practice that my co-worker had. She had a rough pregnancy (she had twins!). I know if they could take care of her and she love them, then I'll be fine! Also, now that I remember it, my sister in law also went to her practice.

  Thanks for continuing to stay on this journey with us. I can't wait until we get further along in it. I know these months will fly by (don't they always?), so we will be on a whirlwind. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Quigley's Quest | Blogger Template by Enny Law