Friday, December 30, 2011

Results of our blood work...And more!

Well, we got our results back on Tuesday. The nurse called me around 3:00 and said, "Your glucose sugars rose after the 2 hour test. Dr. Trolice would like to see you for a consultation appointment." :( :( :(

So, we made an appointment for Thursday at 11:30.

Thursday comes and we get ready for our appointment. We meet with Dr. Trolice..My blood sugar was 92 before the sugary substance (which is normal)...and after drinking it and waiting 2 hours it was 175. Now diabetic individuals would have been 200+, normal is about 140. So I was 35 levels away. Unfortunately, he deemed me pre-diabetic. With the right diet, exercise then I should be fine. However, he put me on metformin. Metformin is a pill to help your blood sugar levels equal out. They put me on this pill for 6 months and then I'll retest. If everything checks out then they'll take me off the pill and test me again. Basically until either a) my body can equalize my blood sugar levels b) my body can't equalize it on its own and I have to take the pill until further notice. :(

Obviously we're crossing our fingers for option A.

Then we discussed Clomid. This time he was a little hesitant putting me on right then, but he thought about it and said okay. The worry was there was 1 more round of blood work that needed to be done. He said I could start taking the clomid, but if I get negative blood work coming back, then I'll have to stop the clomid....

So, I'm on a schedule:
I take the Clomid from yesterday (11/29) until 1/2/2012.
Then on 1/4/2012 I start taking the ovulation predictor kit (opk). The nurse said I shouldn't see ovulation, but the tests are just to be sure I didn't.
On 1/6/2012, I come back into the lab to check the growth of my follicles* More about this in a few
After that appointment, they will call me and tell me when I have to give myself the trigger shot (Ovidrel shot).
Once I've done the trigger shot, the egg should be released and then 16 days later I have a BFP! :)

So, follicle growths...Well at this ultrasound (on Thursday), the nurse looked at my follicles. Follicles are little bubbles on your ovaries that houses the egg. Normal women have 1 dominant that shows up at CD 16 (which is where I am). However, all my follicles are tiny and none are dominant. The Clomid will help make a dominant follicle. Actually, it'll help all of them grow (and there could be more than one dominant....yes....meaning a chance of multiples).

 Because my follicles were not growing, I am placed on Clomid to further this along.

My ultrasound on 1/6/2012 will then check my follicle growth. They need to be at 20-22 mm long. If they are, then I'll give myself the trigger shot. The trigger shot makes the dominant follicle(s) release the egg. Meaning within a day or two of the trigger shot, I should have a little egg traveling down my fallopian tube and meeting up with Sperm....thousands of them. :)

If the egg meets with the sperm, and implants, then we are onto a baby in my belly.

Now of course, there are lots of things that can happen between Clomid and implanting a baby... Like the sperm not meeting up with the egg, multiple eggs released (hey...I think I do want twins!! :)), miscarriage once it's inside my uterus (my lining was at a 6mm and they wanted it to be at 7mm..). Probably a lot more, but all in all...God's will is good for me. If he wants this to happen, it will.

Our next step is to baby dance til we are blue in the face..Haha. But seriously. We discussed every other day until the trigger shot, then every day from the ultrasound to after the trigger shot...LOL.

So, I'm on Clomid (and if my blood results come back negative - well I would have already finished Clomid so, either way works for me...:)), and just anticipating my next appointment!

I had my blood work and urine sample done today. Blood work went fine. I actually told the man who gave my blood, "Good job." LOL. It was just reactionary. It didn't hurt except a pinch. Much better than the other girl last week who took her time and tried to become my best friend before sticking me.

The pee test on the hand. UGH. I drank a whole cup of water on my way to the appointment. I'm thinking I'm good, right. Yeah right! I had to go into the bathroom at least 6-7 times. I couldn't pee from the start so I asked for a cup. I had to drink about 2 more cups (they were tiny little cups, so I had about 4 of them equaling 2 cups) and sit with the water running. AND I still didn't even make a stream! I would just drizzle, drizzle. Ugh. Frustrating. So after 40 minutes of trying I finally got enough to fill the cup to the line. :(

My appointment was at 8:45. I got there at 8:05 (I was thinking i-4 traffic, but obviously there was none). They took me in at 8:10. My blood work was done by 8:20, and then I had my pee test. Ugh. From 8:20-9:15 I tried my darnest to pee! Like I said, I finally got enough in the cup.

Then what happens - I pee as soon as I get home! And then pee 1 more time after that!! Are you kidding me!!! AHHH!

But hopefully those results come back fine and Clomid works and by February 1st I have a little egg inside of me developing into a baby....Prayerfully!

Keep us in your prayers! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Quigley's Quest | Blogger Template by Enny Law