Saturday, December 31, 2011

Body Cleanse

With the start of a New Year and help from "polycystic-ovary-syndrome-guide.com" I will be doing a body cleanse for 2 weeks!

I'm excited to start the new year off right and fresh. This will help with my pre-diabetic/blood sugar levels. The doctor said a skinny woman with PCOS is JUST AS likely to develop diabetes as a 30 pound overweight woman...So, me being slightly overweight AND having PCOS...Imagine the likelihood of diabetes. 

So, time for a body cleanse.

This is how it goes:
-For 2 weeks, the only thing I will eat is leafy green vegetables, fruits, non-starchy vegetables, eggs and nuts (for proteins).
-With every meal (so 3 x a day), I will take a quarter cup of water and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Apple Cider vinegar has many health benefits and will help with appetite control.

At the end of those 2 weeks, all of the toxins will be out of my system, weight loss will start, my body will be in balance, and I will feel more energized.

We are going out with a Shebang for the New Years! We are having a fondue extravaganza, with cheese, broth, and chocolate!! :)

But, after that, I'm going on the strict body cleanse!!

And after the 2 week body cleanse, the website suggests that you stick to a heavy fruit/vegetable diet and add fish and chicken to your meals. Of course, I don't like fish, so I'll add chicken to my meals. :) 

Hopefully when you see me next time I'll be a little bit lighter and on my way to being less pre-diabetic! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Quigley's Quest | Blogger Template by Enny Law