Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Starting the process....

It's truly a miracle thinking of the past year.

Our first appointment with Fertility Care occurred November 30th. That was the first time we met Dr. Trolice and his team. From there, we took a month journey of testing and scans. Brian tested, I tested, we all chatted. Everything checked out for all of us, besides the fact of my PCOS.

Then, at the beginning of January, we started clomid, soy isoflavones, trigger shot (ovidrel), and progesterone. And we thought after clomid that our chances were over because of the eggs not developing.

Lo and behold, now we have 2 beautiful, beyond anything we could ever imagine, girls!

As I was driving to Brian's work yesterday, I thought about September 21st, the day we had our girls. I started tearing up thinking of how I felt when I heard Emily's cry as soon as she was "pulled out" of me. Just a sense of relief when I knew my baby girl had lived 38 weeks inside of me and I could finally meet her. Then 1 minute later, Allison came out. She didn't make a sound so I had to ask if everything was okay. When the doctors said she was fine, my world was perfect. Brian, Emily, Allison, and I were a family starting at 12:43 in the operating room!

It's crazy that we started our conception journey a year ago, spent 8 1/2 months baking our girls, and now have had them for almost 3 months!

Every day is something new. I still have to remind myself that I'm raising twins. It's truly amazing. There isn't just one of them, there's two individual personalities, two human beings, two to take care of! Looking back, I don't know how I do it, hah ;-).

The past few days (a little over a week now), I had a sore throat and stuffy nose. Nothing terrible, a mere tickle. I took medicine immediately to conquer it. The day I got over it, Allison started with a stuffy nose. Her minor cold stayed for a day, but now peanut number one, Emily, has a runny nose. Poor thing. I'm sure she'll get better shortly as my breastmilk has antibodies in it.

The girls are smiling up a storm at us. Allison especially is SOOOO responsive to us. If daddy or mommy just look at her she starts smiling and giggling. Oh it melts my heart. Emily takes a while to warm up to anyone. She tries to hold her smiles back, she likes to sleep and stare off into space...not be reactive to us. It's okay because we have a few good ones of her.

Both girls love it when I sing Chi Omega yours forever to them. They both smile and light up. It's awesome. I have a video of it with Allison. I'll post it once I edit the video ;-)

We've been busy. Girl shopping days with Merideth, church, DC Christmas party, shopping, returning clothes (hah). I love taking the girls out, they love being out so much! We can just go shopping all the time. :)

The one thing they hate, is taking real "family" photos. We tried to do family pictures for Christmas. Yeah, it didn't work. One girl would look one way, the other down, one would start to fidget or cry, the other would do the opposite. So, we MAY give it one more shot, but if not, oh well. If it doesn't work, we're not sending out Christmas cards. If it does work, then maybe YOU will get a Quigley Christmas card in the mail! :)

I'll leave you with some pictures from the past few months.. :)

From the way they are positioned, I'd say they're identical, they always lay in the same position! ...We're getting a DNA test after the New Year! Allison on left, Emily on right.

Emily's BIG smile!

Emily again, I <3 her smile!

Allison says, "Be very very quiet, I'm hunting a rabbit"

Allison's flirty smile! She just hams it up for the camera!!

See Emily does smile at us...we just have to jump up and down and make silly noises!

All of us before the MOPS Christmas meeting!

These beautiful girls are often linking arms, holding hands, or kicking each other. I LOVE these outfits...thanks Ragsdale family!

Emily smirking...sporting Ms. Meri Mac's bows....http://missmerimacs.com/

Allison sporting the bow too!

<3 the Quigley's

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Quigley's Quest | Blogger Template by Enny Law